Friday, August 14, 2015

Bright Wings Are Happy Wings



H! friends, I just love this image "Wings".  I wanted to do a couple of things.  Play with embossing folders, shapes, Copics and Prisma Pencils.  But, keep it clean and simple.


I am really getting into texturing my backgrounds, and I've been experimenting with different ways to do just this.  Here I just used a simple embossing folder on white card stock and placed it against the white card base.  I needed a smooth area for the Sentiment so I offset a circle die.  The sentiment is from the Vintage Affections Line called Postage Stamps.  Added a touch of ribbon to add a little more texture.

Now for the coloring, I colored her with Copics.  She was just perfect but I really wanted to bring in a little more something so I added Prisma Pencils.  (which are also listed in the color palette)   I did not color over the entire image with the pencils only where i wanted the most depth then blended with the color that most matched the Copic color.  I used white to blend a little more and add additional highlights.  She really pops against the clean white card.  



No comments: