Sunday, February 15, 2015

Let´s play?


Hi everyone? How you are all doing around the globe? Here in Brazil its Carnival...our biggest holiday, 4 days at home with family and friends to see, enjoy and of course, also craft! I love to try different things and today Id like to share with you another way to use our sentments sets. This time I have choosen the great Girlfriends Vintage Affections set. Here the full set:


I love how the sentiments are funny and have that bit of humor that I like. You can buy them here. They are great for tags, cards but why not also for some playing with mixed media? Well, Im not a mixed media artist but tried to have some fun to create this piece and liked how it came out. I still havent decided if I will simply make 2 holes on the top of it, pass a ribbon and hang it, or if I will cover with plastic and make an album cover. Any suggestions? Id love to hear from you :)

So far I left it on my album shelves here on my scrap room..until I figure it out where/what to do with it lol.


If you´re like me (a beginner with mixed media), maybe you´d like some tips on how I did this one.
To start I simply used a cardboard and several paper strips. Glued them with regular glue and then passed a thin coat of white gesso to prepare the surface. That was all! Left to dry for one hour our two.

Then I sprayed some mist and added some patterned paper details (honeycombs) plus ribbons, laces, blings, metals and washi tape pieces. Really, no big planning...just started adding more stuff to add dimension to it. On top of the patterned paper and ribbons I added a coat of glossy medium to finish with some shining effect. I added the more bulk embellishments afterwards (when the medium was dried).

On this close up you can see how nice the texture look...I love how all different elements are mixed up and there´s rough from the ribbons and wood butterfly but also the shine from the blings and the colors from the mists :)




And last but not least, our star, the sentiment I choosen from our set...to add a bit of fun touch to this board. I stamped with versafine, glued and then covered it with glossy medium too.


I hope you enjoyed this another way to use your stamps. They are very versatile and we can play in different areas besides cards and regular scrapbooking pages!

Have fun and share your projects with us!

Xoxo
Fabi

2 comments: