Friday, June 21, 2013

Mix & Match Layout



Hi everyone,

Here is Fabi and today I'm sharing with you some tips for creating a layout making the best our of your stash.

I don't know you, but I'm quite addicted to patterned paper (besides my number 1 passion #Stamps! lol). And after a while I'm surrounded by tonf of papers from different collections and no clue on how to use them. It's like clothes, you have a ton but often it seems you don't have any right?
Ok, so for this layout I first chosen a BW picture - that would make my life easier to create a color pallete - any would go with a BW photo.

The second step was to color our gorgeous Charmings from the SC Fairytales & Fables - Spring 2013 collection. And this to me was the key step. I colored the stamp first, just as I wanted to...and only afterwards I create a matching color pallete for the patterned papers.




As my little girl had yellow, green, brown and blue colors, I looked in my stash for any papers & scraps of papers that would match that. I decided that blue, red and yellow would be a nice pallete to go with.
 Why not exactly the same colors? Well, I thought that using exactly the same colors would make her dissapear in my layout. But the red and blue would make her to match the layout while still being a focus point at my project.

I mae the background with a paper that had a nice blue frame and used some strips as a basis for my layout design. Afterwards I started adding layers, flowers branches mainly. Some were added with foam tape to have an extra volume. And my stamped image was glued with foam tape over one of the flower branches to balance the flowers at the bottom opposite corner.
Add some paper flowers, lace and blings and you're ready to go.

You can find this gorgeous stamp from the SC Fairytales & Fables collection, and many others here.

Hope you liked these tips and I'm looking forward to see your layouts on our FB group!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Fabi

No comments: