Thursday, March 21, 2013

A special layout


Hi, here is Fabi, today I'd like to share with you all a special layout I've made last weekend. The cute little girl in the photo is my niece, Sara. She's my middle brother daughter and we are very happy to have her in our lifes. She almost didn't survived when she was born and stayed in the ITU for quite a while. Now she's 3 yo and a very joyful girl, full of life :)

For this layout I worked a lot on the background. To start you choose a neutral color cardstock and apply mist/spray ink with a mask that matches your layout (here I have used a flourish). To have a cool background, it's fun to mix different colors. For example, try different tones of pink/rose and add some peach color. In some spots I have added more ink and let it run through the page.

To complete my layout, I've made flags - aren't they trendy now? - and used some bligs to add more spark to my page.
If you don't know yet our papers collections, give it a try. You will love them! This layout was made exclusively with them. The collections used are the Fruit Basket and also Summer Sorbet. I loved that the papers have nice patterns that can be used not only for cards, but that are also great for layouts, as you can see!

And the big star of my project (besides my niece lol) is the lovely stamp below. You can find it here. I thought the cupid stamped image would fit perfectly with my layout theme.


Hope you all have enjoyed how we can incorporate stamped images to our layouts.A great weekend for you all  ;)


5 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh my word!! Amazing project Fabi!!

Angie said...

OMG Fabi! This page is sooooooooooo GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Angie xoxo

Ann Marie Governale said...

So beautiful, love the bright colors and the entire layout!That little girl is precious! xxx Ann Marie

Rene said...

so cute!

Pialine said...

this LO is gorgeous, just love what you have put together. Great design and colours. Beautiful girl too :)
Hugs
Pialine xxx