Friday, August 31, 2012

Welcome back Carol and Pops!

Hi there! Sheri here! I'm excited to be back today with a visit from our two guest designers Carol and Pops!! 
First up is Carol and she has a fantastic wall hanging for us! 
~~~
This week I decided to make a wall hanging and have used "Just Hangin' Out" from the Spring is in the air Collection and masked it with one of the Little Darlings background stamps.  The image has been coloured in with Copics and all embellies are from my stash.

Carol!! I completely adore they way you paired these images together! The background is so perfect and all the establishments along with that perfectly placed flower? Love it!!! 

Next, we are delighted to have Pops back with a fabulous tutorial for us! 












Good Morning everyone I am back with a candle and I will show you how easy it is to make one, I am using Nevaeh she has been coloured with copics and a touch of white pen, I will show you how in ten easy steps…

1.    Colour and cut out your image as close as possible to the edge without cutting in to it…
2.       Get your candle ready, I use grease proof paper and my heat gun..
3.       Place your image on your candle where you are happy with her..
4.       Take the grease proof paper and pop it over her and hold tightly to the back of the candle…
5.       Using your heat gun slowly start to melt the image in to your candle…
6.       You will see the image change colour as it melts so you know you have done that bit.
7.       Work your way down to the bottom of the image, you can always go back over if you see a missed bit…
8.       You will see that the candle has melted and may think it is a mess, but this is how it should look.
9.       Rub your hands over it while it is still warm and reshape the candle.
10.   Candle is now ready to decorate with Glitter and pearls or embellishments of your choice…
I hope this was easy for you to understand and I hope you have a go,  huggles Pops x x x  

How is that for some inspiration?! Wow! Thank you Carol and Pops for sharing your beautiful,fabulous work with us!!! 
Check back on Sunday when my sweetheart of a design team sister Angela is back to kick off a new challenge for us all!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Beautiful card! Love the coloring! The candle is fantastic, great image and awesome colors. Thank you for sharing this technique