Friday, July 27, 2012

Little Darlings and Michelle Oatman


Today, we are so very fortunate to be able to share another project from the mega talented designer, Michelle Oatman

Hello! I have had a really hard time trying to find something to make for my last DT spot. And honestly I came up with a few different things that I wanted to make, but I just kept seeing this blank wood bird house sitting on my shelf. It was calling out to use a few of the Cutie Pie images... and when a bird house is calling out to you.. you have to do something with it! 
Michelle Oatman 1


The images that I used are - "Pretty Posie", "Flowers For You" the "Green House" and then even though she isn't part of the In the Garden release, I totally adore her, so I had to use "What a Sweetheart". I just wish the bird house had been larger so I could have added even more of them!


Basics of the birdhouse. I purchased a wood bird house from the craft store. I painted the first coat with a chocolate brown. Then I painted with Plaid Crackle Medium. You have to let it dry completely. Then I painted the top coat with a cream paint. All of my paints are acrylic. As it dries.. the crackle magic happens. Love watching that! 

Then, for the roof I punched a whole lot of Fiskars heart punches out of coredinations brown card stock that I sanded each one. Then lots of glue and you layer them to create the shingles on the roof. The ridge I added gingham ribbon, and then a row of pearls, it reminded me of those victoran houses and their awesome time decorations across the tops. Around the edge, pretty woven lace ribbon, and button tops. A olive green matching lace ribbon around the bottom for a grass type of bottom. 

At that point... you just dig through all the stuff you have stashed over time. I found lots of little pieces that were just perfect for the garden theme - a little shovel, a flowers sign, tiny little plastic flowers, little sayings and quotes, a clock face, chipboard flourishes and lots of bling items. This is where I tend to go a bit overboard, the little embellishments, but I forced myself to stop. I don't think I did too much.. LOL  


It is so much fun to use my stamps with a 3-d decorating item. Great gifts! I hope mine inspired you to pick up something to alter and pull out your stamps and then have lots of FUN! 

I want to thank everyone here at Little Darlings Stamps - Angie, Mindy and Sheri are the greatest to work for, and all of the DT are super talented, my Guest DT spot has been a huge honor and a ton of crafting fun. Thanks!
Michelle O.

Michelle, we are so incredibly thankful you agree to join us! Everything you've created has inspired us and (speaking for myself)...picking my jaw up off the ground every time I open an email with your project attached! You put so much love into every single detail! On behalf of Little Darlings...thank you so very much!! (((hugs))) 

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hey Michelle!

This birdhouse is so ridiculously gorgeous!!!!! How come my crackle painting never looks that awesome? I just love how you decorated every side with LDRS images. Just tooooooo cute for words!!! I’ve been staring at each side and just taking it all in.

Beautiful work sweetie 

Big, Big Hugs to you,

Angie

Patricia St Martin said...

Michelle, Your Bird House is just fantastic. Love the crackle look, the hearts for the roof and you sanded everyone of them makes the roof look amazing. All the embellishments are wonderful and the images are all so darling. The creativity of your project turned out adorable and you are right it would be a wonderful gift. Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs, Patricia

Leah Ann Gast said...

Wow! Great project. I love the roof how cute is that! Love the gimp, the roof line, and just all around fantastic!!

plouise said...

sweet, so pretty and lovely xx