Friday, June 29, 2012

Little Darlings Anything Goes from Michelle Oatman

Our very talented Guest Design Team Member,  Michelle Oatman, is back today with more gorgeous inspiration for us all. Don't you just love her beautiful, bright, vibrant colors on this?! 

Here's a little about Michelle:
Howdy from South Texas! My name is Michelle Oatman; many know me as "Michelle O" or the Donkey Smiles lady. I have been very happily married for almost 25 years to my best friend who is supportive of my obsession of crafting. We live in the country where we raise Miniature Donkeys, Dwarf Nigerian Goats and Toy Australian Shepherds. They are all my children, and are all spoiled rotten.
My crafting goes back to my childhood, days spent with my Grandma and then as I grew up watching my Dad, a professional graphic artist. I dreamt of the day I could own my own grown-up markers. That may be why I adore my Copics so much.
I work as a Stampavie Sales Rep - a dream job, working in the field of my hobby with bosses, Heidi and Stuart, that are second to none!
Recently I lost my right eye to an accident. It has taught me a lot about myself, and the people around me. The support from everyone, both close to me and across blogging land, has made me a stronger person. And while learning to deal with my new vision I have learned to appreciate my crafting even more.
I am blessed in so many ways - my husband, my family and friends. The life I live on the farm with so many animals. A job that is a true joy and to have found a hobby that give me so much happiness.
And now...Michelle's BEAUTIFUL card! 

 "I am so excited to be joining the Little Darlings team for the months of June and July as the Guest DT!  I just adore these images, they are so fun to color - and just bring a smile to everyone. 

One of the very first Little Darling images I fell totally in head over heals with was "Sooooo Big". He is such a good helper don't you think? I colored with my Copics, then did a little more shading with pencils. When I am really enjoying coloring an image I tend to be a heavy colorer.. LOL So my image is quite bold - I thought that would be safe with the gorgeous papers from Graphic 45. I adore these papers from the Fashionista collection, but they are very busy and dark for most cards. But "Sooooo Big" can handle it I think. 


I chose a few patterns, sewed them down with a zig zag stitch, then added a wide lattice ribbon, backed with red card stock,  across the bottom. My image is cut out with a Spellbinders Thin Oval die, the edge colored with a red Copic, then matted with a Papertrey Ink scalloped die. Now this card did not start out as an easel card, but then after I started putting things all together I soon decided that it need more display room for the sentiment. The letters that I had die cut, Papertrey Ink Script Alphabet, were a little large to add to the front. So Easel card it became so everything would fit nicely. I followed the same basic layout of pattern papers as the top, but then added the red card stock center to attach the words "Thank You" - everything again is sewed down. I cut out one of the larger roses from the patterned paper to embellish the front corner, then a row of adhesive pearls across the back to hold the 
card in standing position.

Bold yes, but I still think that little helper can handle it! He is "Soooo Big" after all! "


~~~~~
Thank you so very much Michelle.
You certainly rocked this card! 
We will be back on Sunday with more INCREDIBLE inspiration from our very own Sara

1 comment:

Angie said...

Looks gorgeous Michelle!!! Thank you soooo much for joining us a GDT. You are so sweet and your work is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Angie